I legit can’t believe that I’ve been nominated for another award only after a week! It’s truly a great honor for me to receive this award! I’d like to thank Nyse for nominating me for this award and for always making an effort to go through all of my posts and give feedback. Do check out her blog at https://heyitsnyse.wordpress.com/, she’s an amazing writer!
I’d also like to thank Jasmine for nominating me… do check out her blog, she writes a lot of cool book reviews!
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
My Blog Story…
My passion for writing has been with me for a very long time. Since the first grade, writing has been my favorite hobby! My interest in writing started to grow when we began to have creative writing classes at school. I used to absolutely love creative writing and that’s when I first decided that I wanted to take my interest further.
One of the best things that happened to me is writing my own novel! Back in the fourth grade, our English teacher had asked us to write a novel. Although we had to follow the traditional planning, outlining and editing the novel, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process! I was awarded a certificate for writing my novel which still brings endless happiness to me!
My passion got stronger and stronger and I started writing stories/poems/articles at home. I would take feedback from my close friends, my mom, my previous school’s English teacher and a senior at the school and improvise on my writing. They have been a great support to me throughout my life! During this time, I definitely wanted to improve and continue this passion further.
My mom once suggested that I start a blog. At first, I was like, ‘Me? A blog? No way! Definitely not happening’. I was very hesitant to create one and always thought I wasn’t that good enough to start one. Other friends and family also suggested that I start a blog, but I would never think about it seriously.
One day, my admission counselor suggested that I start a blog as I have an interest in writing. I wasn’t sure in the beginning though. However, after a few months of pushing and struggling to find the perfect name, I finally created my first blog. Now I realize that creating a blog has been one of the best things that have happened to me!
Advice to new bloggers:
1. Don’t let the fact that you think you aren’t a good writer stop you from creating your blog. I definitely was in the same situation and one thing that I’ve learned is that you don’t have to necessarily be a ‘good writer’ to start a blog. I mean think about it, even Shakespeare didn’t start one! (He would probably start one though, if they had internet access back in the 1500s 😉 ) In fact, in the process, you may find out that you are the new Shakespeare just waiting to happen! Also,if you really feel that you aren’t really a good writer and feel like improving, creating a blog is the best thing that you can do!
2. My second advice would be to start seeking advice from others. Honestly, I’m a new blogger myself and seeking advice from other bloggers has definitely served me well.So keep your eyes open and start exploring more of other people’s blogs and start seeking advice.
I was so so happy that I was allowed to nominate 15 bloggers!!!
Looking forward to all of your answers! Have a great day! Thank you Nyse once again for your nomination!