Hey guys! For today’s post, I’m going to be doing the I Never Book Tag!
I saw Kathleen, at her youtube channel, ForTheLoveOfBooks do this fun tag. Click here if you would like to check out her video.
1. “I never read that!” Name a book that you’ve never read, that everyone else has.
Actually, I have a TON of books I haven’t read that almost everyone else has, but I decided to go with the Harry Potter series by J K Rowling. This is such a widely read series and I’ve seen people of all ages pick them up. Maybe I’ll pick it up someday in the far future!
2. “I never read anything so awesome!” Name your favorite book.
I had a hard time choosing between two books, but I decided to go with Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I loved this book and it was one of the most mysterious and magical books I’ve ever read. I recommend this book to every single one of you who is reading this!
3. “I never thought I would get through it”. Name a book that you didn’t like, but powered through it anyway.
I had a few books for this too, but I chose Where She Went by Gayle Forman. This is the second book in the If I Stay duology and I wasn’t a huge fan of it. I loved If I Stay and I thought it was such a heart-wrenching, beautiful read. Where She Went seemed like a total waste and I was happy with If I Stay being standalone.
4. “I will never finish that!” Name a book or a series that you don’t plan on finishing.
For this question, I chose the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series by Rick Riordan. I read the first two books when I was in 8th grade and remember being mesmerized by Greek mythology. Somewhere down the line, I lost interest in wanting to continue the series. However, Percy does have a special place in my heart.
5. ‘I will never regret reading that.” Name a book you read solely on a recommendation that you ended up really liking.
For this question, I definitely had to go with Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I didn’t have any plans on reading this book when I’d first heard of it. It hadn’t seemed to intrigue me at all. I read it only because one of my friends recommended it and I ended up really enjoying it. It’s one of my favorite books of all time!
6. “I would never do that!” Name a relatable book character who made choices you didn’t agree with or did things you would never do.
For this question, I unquestionably chose America Singer from The Selection series by Keira Cass. For those of you who have read this book, you will know exactly what I’m talking about. America makes the dumbest decisions ever throughout the course of the first two novels. I hope she’s not as annoying in the next one.
7. “I never wanted to admit it.” Name a book that you were embarrassed to say you read or were embarrassed to carry around with you.
I’ve enjoyed a couple of books that some of my friends particularly haven’t. But I don’t think I’m embarrassed to say I read them, so I’m going to skip this question.
8. “I never read anything so heartwarming” Name a book or a series that really touched your heart.
For this, I had to go with my all-time, favorite book The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I read in when I was in the 9th grade and it’s been my favorite book ever since. I connected so much to the novel and it’s such a beautiful read. It’s definitely one of the very few books that have touched my heart.
9. “I never laughed so hard!” Name a book that made you laugh out loud.
For this question, I chose To All The Boys I’ve Loved by Jenny Han. I didn’t laugh out loud, but I did smile through the whole book. It was such a funny, light-hearted contemporary read. I can’t wait for the third book coming out in May!
10. “I never could have made it through childhood without it”. Name a favorite childhood book or book series.
Again, I had to choose between a ton of books but I decided to go with the Junie B Jones series by Barbara Park. I don’t remember anything much about the book, except the fact that I’ve read the same books over and over again without getting bored!
Thanks for reading! I tag everyone to go ahead and answer these really fun questions! Let me know if you are planning on doing this tag, I would love to check out your answers!